Seventies Spicy Wedges with Avocado Dip
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Cut the potatoes into thin wedges.
- Mix together 2 tbsp olive oil with the chilli powder, ground ginger and ground coriander. Add the potatoes and toss gently. Season with coarse salt and tip on to a non-stick baking sheet.
- Roast the potatoes, shaking now and again for 25 – 35 minutes or until the wedges are soft and golden brown.
- Mix together half the lime juice, sweet chilli sauce and chilli flakes.
- Halve the avocados and remove the stones. Scoop out the avocado flesh and mash with the remaining lime juice and oil. Keep the avocado skins for serving the dip.
- Add the lime juice and chilli mix and mash lightly. Stir the coriander leaves through the mix. Spoon the mixture into the avocado skins.
For the spicy wedges:
4 medium floury potatoes, such as Desiree or King Edwards (about 1kg)
2 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp chilli powder
¼ tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground coriander
For the avocado dip:
juice of 1 lime
1 tsp sweet chilli sauce
a pinch of dried chilli flakes
2 ripe avocados
drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
salt and black pepper