Fifties Crinkle Chips with Coronation Chicken
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into long chip shapes using a crinkle chip cutter. You can decide the thickness; just make sure all the chips are of a similar thickness so they cook equally. Rinse with cold water and pat dry with kitchen towel or a clean tea towel.
- Spread the chips on the baking tray and toss with the oil. Do not overcrowd the potatoes.
- Roast for 45-50 minutes, turning occasionally. When cooked the chips should be golden brown and crisp with a light fluffy centre.
- Rip or cut the chicken into bite size pieces and place into a large bowl. Add the apricots and flaked almonds.
- Mix the chicken in a bowl with the mayonnaise, Greek style yogurt, chutney and curry paste. Add to the chicken and toss gently.
For the chips:
6 large floury potatoes, such as Maris Piper, King Edward or Desirée (about 1.5kg)
2 tbsp sunflower oil
For the Coronation chicken:
4 cooked chicken breasts, skinned
75g ready to eat dried apricots, chopped
50g toasted flaked almonds
4 tbsp light mayonnaise
2 tbsp light Greek style yogurt
2 tbsp mango chutney
1 tbsp medium curry paste